moovida - A media center solution that won't allow you to watch movies.

I am not really a fan of media center software but I wanted to organize all of my media in one location and play them as I pleased. I installed elisa as I once tried beta version of it with it's impressive user interface animation capabilities. Weird but I don't see Elisa entry any where in Ubuntu menu. Package info showed it only contains documentation files and README revealed some off-world creature called moovida.

The fun starts

Started moovida and it showed some vertical areas divided into movies, videos, music, etc. Now all I have to do is add my USB drive to moovida so that it will show some play lists but I couldn't find any option. Instead it scanned some random locations and added some random videos to "Unclassified Videos" in Videos section and I throughly verified whether they are by mistake "Area-51 alien interrogation videos". I couldn't find any option that said add a folder or add file or anything that remotely implied "import your sxxx". At this point of time I was really pissed and started googling how to add videos and it didn't give any results ever after adding f word.

After some googling...

Found it's the section called "Devices & Shares" where you add your media. After digging thorough it and losing all my patience I just started installing "XBMC" hoping it will let me add my media and give me feedback on what it's doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy network traffic shaping on your ubuntu system

winetricks - install wine application perquisites with ease

Multi touch for any,all synaptics touchpad